Skip to content
Chapter 6: Food, Water, and Agriculture
- The development of agriculture led to widespread alteration of the natural environment
- Major agricultural regions reflect physical geography and economic forces
- Settlement patterns and rural land use are reflected in the cultural landscape
- Changes in food production and consumption present challenges and opportunities
- What is agriculture, and where did agriculture begin? How did agriculture change with industrialization?
- What imprint does agriculture make on the cultural landscape?
- How is agriculture currently organized geographically, and how has agribusiness influenced the contemporary geography of agriculture?