Skip to content
Chapter 7: Cities and Urban Land Use
- The form, function, and size of urban settlements are continually changing.
- Models help to understand the distribution and size of cities.
- Models of internal city structure and urban development provide a framework for urban analysis.
- Built landscapes and social space reflect the attitudes and values of a population.
- Urban areas face economic, social, political, cultural and environmental challenges.
- When and why did people start living in cities? What role do cities play in globalization?
- Where are cities located and why?
- How are cities organized, and how do they function? How do people shape cities?